Our purpose is to expose, highlight, recognize, motivate, challenge, inspire, award and reward the youth of Birmingham, particularly the West End Community; in ways that will bring them up to new levels of "respect". We want to show the city, state, nation and world, there is a remnant of this generation that remains in touch with morality, accountability and productivity.
The R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Organization announces
The 19th Annual Back to School Rally
"Expanding the Dream!"
Saturday, August 9th, 2014
CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES
- Annual Back to School Rally and Parade - This rally has been noted as the #1 back to school rally in the nation, gathering over 20,000 youth in attendance.
- Annual Thanksgiving Benefit Concert-This concert brings together local middle and high school choirs. Proceeds gained from this outreach help to Habitat for Humanity, school choirs, and needy families.
- The P.R.O.M.I.S.E. (Professionals Reaching Out Motivating Inspiring Students to Excel) opportunities for students to interact with professionals through motivational speakers and apprenticeships.
- School Rallies - tours to schools to encourage our youth to "RESPECT" (Respect Every Single Person Ever Created Today)
- Steve Green Scholarship Fund - awarded to students for academic excellence
Future Endeavors Include:
- Young Sophisticates Preparatory
- S.A.I.L. (Students Accelerating in Learning))
You are invited to partner with us via financial, in-kind or volunteer support.
The R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Organization is a community based youth outreach program. Our focus is on the moral and academic progenesis of the youth in schools throughout this city, state and nation. Since our inception in 1994 we have endeavored to mentor and challenge students to respect every man's purpose, as we instill within them-character, integrity and moral stability.
Thank you for making your tax deductible donation to "R.E.S.P.E.C.T."
The R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Organization consists of a Volunteer Staff, Board of Advisers and a Ministerial Advisory Board.
The Staff is a team of volunteers who perform the administrative support duties; assisting with project planning and production, fundraising, etc.
The Board of Advisors is a diverse cross-section of professionals, parents, students, community leaders and lay persons; who have a vision and desire to see a wholesome youth and adolescent community grace the streets and corridors of Birmingham once again.
The Ministerial Advisory Board consists of local pastors working together to eradicated the societal ills of our city; provide financial base for projects; give balance between the spiritual and the natural; and be a resource of volunteers.
The R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Organization is submitted under the auspices of More Than Conquerors Faith Church.
The most evasive quality that has managed to elude an entire generation of youth and threatens to do the same with another, is CHARACTER. Character is produced under the influence and guidance of a mentor; someone to say yes and no, or asks why or why not.
Our vision calls for disciplinarians with caring hearts and enlightened minds to come forth and say: "Follow me...I've walked this path before." We envision a living entity; a mighty force of young people who defy the standards that have been appropriated to them, forging a new higher code of existence for themselves and their successors. We see business leaders, teachers, principals and parents pooling resources and exchanging ideas on how to save a generation from fruitlessness and a nation from self destruction.
We envision a refuge for the youth of our city, where they can come, relax, have recreation; meet for various projects and community activities.
We see an aggregation of focused boys and girls taking steps toward fulfilling their DREAMS and GOALS... We envision a generation that once again embraces family values, parental honor and community pride.
We envision R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!
Respect Every Single Person Ever Created Today